Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Total slack

3 replies [Last post]
Deepak Gowda
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good evening guys,

I have got one question i have scheduled one project in picrosoft project.

start date is : 18.07.2011

End date is 30.08.2011

Relation :FS

i have entered status date as 28.07.2011 and i dint updated any tasks, then i enetred F9 to caleculate mannually , i am not able to see any negative slack of 10 days (or delay of 10 days since i dint started any work) 

if any one has answer please let me know. thanks in advance please note i have tried with must finish contraint too but the resilt is zero

Replies

Deepak Gowda

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Rafael

Cheeeeeeeeeers

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

Make sure you set a must finish project date constraint if you want to compute float relative to such date. It can create negative float or even a longest path with positive float.

If you do not set a finish date constraint no negative float will be computed and float will be zero along longest path.

Deepak Gowda

sorry its microsoft project cheeeeeeers