Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Total Slack

2 replies [Last post]
Stuart Atkinson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 23 weeks ago. Offline
Gents,

Why am I getting Total Slack values of 49.56, why are they not whole numbers. I am sure it will be calendar or workday related. Can someone please explain the fix. P.S.Using MSP 2007.

Thanks,

Stuart

Replies

Stuart Atkinson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 23 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Darren,

I will investigate
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Stuart,

I don’t use 2k7, but I’ve experienced similar problems in 2k3.

Most of them have been down to work / units driving the durations or split tasks affecting the start times of successors.

Try changing the date format to include hh/mm and then looking at the Start / Finish dates to see if anything stands out.

My default Start / Finish times are 08:00 and 17:00 so if I now see a Start or Finish that doesn’t fit in with that (excluding half days), then I’m pretty sure something is amiss.

Regards,

Darren