Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Trouble with Overtime Rates

5 replies [Last post]
Abdullah Merchant
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

I have a resource eg  rigger working 8 hrs a day(9am to 5pm) for Rs.300/day as standard. I gove him an overtime rate of Rs.90 per hour.

Lets say i have an activity which is planned for one day having this rigger as a resource, the planned cost of the activity is Rs.300.

But if the actual duration is 10 hours (9am to 7pm) then i am strugling to get the right acctual cost displayed for that activity.

Need Help in Understanding the overtime calculations and how should i anter the actual duration or work so that the overtime will be appropiately calculated.

Replies

Edwin Raj
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

How to enter in Primavera p6...

Edwin Raj
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

i'm having confussion where to enter in resource usage sheet

Please clarify..

Abdullah Merchant
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ismet,

Thank you so much for the help. I did try it and was content with the results. However when i go to the Task Usage i see the various resources underneath, and then if i update lets say 14 hours of actual on a particular day, then all the other resources for the same day get updated for the same amount too. Although i can go back and delete it from the other days, but why do all the other resources get updated even for the other days.

Ill could send you a scehdule that i had sampled, to practise this work update.

Regards,

Abdullah.  

Ismet Kocaman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

In Project, Overtime work is part of the Total work. That means Work = Regular Work + Overtime Work. If there is no Overtime work then Work is equal to Regular work. Overtime work is the work outside of the resource calendar.

To complete the 8-hour duration task you can enter 8 hrs for Actual Work and then 2 hrs for Actual Overtime Work. Project will then calculate Actual Work (= 10 hrs) and Regular Work (=8 hrs). You can of course add these detail fields (Actual Work, Actual Overtime Work, Regular Work) to the timephased part of a Resource Usage view. The Actual Cost will be calculated as follows:

Assuming Hours Per Day setting is 8 hours;

Actual Cost = 300 Rs/d * 1d + 90 Rs/h * 2hrs = 480 Rs

I hope this is what you are looking for. Pls give us feedback on your progress.

--Ismet

Ismet Kocaman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 48 weeks ago. Offline