Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Mark in the bar view

5 replies [Last post]
Dan Mårtensson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all,

I want to mark July in my plan as vacation with a grey field. But I still want my work left in July. So, what I want is just to make the pm aware of that some of the crew want to have there vacation.

Is this possible?

Regards

Dan

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi All

Even within the limited scope of MSP surely the task calendar will conflict with the resource calendar.

Which is the overide?

Is there not an option to toggle "resource calendar as task"?

If not why not.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Dan Mårtensson
It works, Thanks!

//Dan
Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Dan,

If you just want to make a "curtain" in your Gantt chart to show the possibility of vacation, then just make a calendar called e.g. "Possible Periods with Vacation" with the respective days marked as non-working time.

Let all resources keep their present assigned calendars, but under "Format-Timescale-Nonworking Time (tab)" choose "Possible Periods with Vacation" in the Calendar-field. That will only have an influence on what is shown on the Gantt chart and not on any resources.

Regards,

Bo
Dan Mårtensson
Thank you Rodel!

I wasn’t think that far :-)

Regards

Dan
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 4 hours ago. Offline
Dan,
Create a calendar that reflects all those vacation dates and assigned only to those resource that having vacation as base calendar.