Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Extended Project

1 reply [Last post]
knapp rahsia
User offline. Last seen 14 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hello
My first post here

My project that I’ve been involved with had some delays. So I need to reschedule the Microsoft Project schedule. Problem occur when some of the work only done by 20% or 30% or has a value. The work that had not been done yet is not a problem because I can change the start work date.

Which is the best?

1. I add new task that only contains delay work?. But I believe it will affect almost all the aspect of cost, % progress, ...

2. Using split task?. I split the task into two parts and leave the work done to the left part. Btw, is there any other way to split the task other than clicking the mouse and drag the bar to adjust the day?

3. or you have another option?

thanks.

knapp

Replies

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Problems will occur if they are caused by you not tracking and updating properly.
Everything you have said in your problem description suggests that you are way out of depth. You need to do some research and reading, and real quick.
How to track and update properly has been written up many times here and in the newsgroup microsoft.public.project.
Please try those sources first and let us know how you get on. Meanwhile, I will round up some of the instructions.
You can show/send me the file if you like and I am on skype.