Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

exporting views

9 replies [Last post]
John Banks
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
I’m trying to produce a s curve based on baseline, actual & scheduled work in Project 2007. I’ve produced the correct work table view, showing baseline, actual & schedule. How can I produce my graph from here?

Thanks
John

Replies

Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 10 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
didnt know i was breaking some law, if i wish to give my number out i will do so

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Brad

It is not a good idea to give out phone numbers and email addresses on the open forum.

Please use the private message service to exchange this sort of info.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Brad Lord
john

give me a call
regards

brad
John Banks
Brad
Don’t think that’ll do it. It needs to be from task usage, but, unless I’m looking at the wrong view, the left side of the screen & the table need to copy separately, and there are three rows of data in the table to each task. There has to be a better way than that degree of manual manipulation?
John
Brad Lord
Just copy and paste the values from the resource usage screen into excel with the dates, then select the area and press the automatic graph icon and annotate to suit

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
I am pretty sure I can help, but it just takes so much typing to explain it, especially without seeing it.
Is there any chance that you can send me the file so I can see what we are dealing with?
Mal Leadbetter
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
John

As I said, my use of MSP 2007 is limited and I am sure there is someone who may be able to sort this out.

Would the Budget Work Report not give you what you want ?

Sorry I can’t be of any more help

Cheers

John Banks
Mal

The report is not there. i’ve tried setting it up, but for some reason can’t produce a task usage pivot table which shows baseline work - actual & scheduled appear no problem.
Mal Leadbetter
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
John

on the tool bar go to < Visual REports> and select the report you require. This will export your info to excel as long as you are using Excel 2003 or later

From my limited use of MSP 2007 so far, I personally think the "Analyse Timescales Data in Excel" macro was better in MSP 2002/03.

Regards