Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S - Curve

6 replies [Last post]
Sivalingam Prabag...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
currently i’m checking a work programme for a highway
construction. my question is ... is it possible to
produce S-Curve based on cost of the project by tracking
the programme on the last day of every months ..

thanks ..

PS

Replies

Rodney Knight
User offline. Last seen 13 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

DO NOT POST RUBBISH SPAM

J Venkatesh PMP P...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Dasuki,

incase, if u need any further help, mail me at venkat79_j@yahoo.co.in

Jaya
Md Dasuki Samad
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you for replying me. Actually i already read and try some of the suggestion in the related topic on this discussion boards, and it’s really works.
A very much thanks to you again.
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I see no one has replied to your question for a week or more, so here is an answer.

What do you mean by "physical" S curve? What is it exactly that you are wanting to plot?

If you want to draw a graph you just need two axes and some data.
The common S curves are Cumulative Cost and Cumulative Work (hours) with time on the independent, horizontal axis.
You could plot cumulative m3 of concrete or cumulative bricks or cumulative metres of pipe in the trench, against time. But if whatever you are trying to graph doesn’t have any data associated with it then you are all out of luck.
Md Dasuki Samad
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Can explain it further? I’m facing a difficulties and confused on how to plot the physical as well as financial curve...
Please give info.

Thanks.
J Venkatesh PMP P...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
yes...u can....

plot a S-Curve in excel based on the monthlwise cost which can be extracted from MSP - Reports...This will be ur plan and track the same against the actual bill/Invoice amount done every month

J