Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Graphical Indicators for Variances (Custom Task Field)

1 reply [Last post]
Stephen Grady
User offline. Last seen 17 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’ve created a formula which I hoped would show a graphical indicator against the status of each task.

The formula I have used is:

IIf([% Complete]=100,"Task completed",IIf(ProjDateConv([Baseline Finish])="NA","Task not agreed",IIf(([Finish]-[Baseline Finish])<=20 And ([Finish]-[Baseline Finish])>7,"Task >1 week late",IIf(([Finish]-[Baseline Finish])>20,"Task >4 weeks late","Task on schedule"))))

The Graphical fields are:

equals "Task completed" x
equals "Task not agreed" Y
equals "Task on schedule" A
equals "Task >1 week late" B
equals "Task >4 weeks late"C

Obviously I have used symbols from the Image drop down box as opposed to X,Y,A,B & C.

The problem I have is that if a task has a greater varians than 20 days (4 weeks) there is nor graphical representation.

Can anyone advise.

Thanks

Steve

Replies

Brian Ultican
User offline. Last seen 17 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
First off there is an error in your formula so that it counts weekends into the number of days. Because of this a task that is only really only 19 working days late is shown by your formula to be 27 days late. I have made some adjustments below:
IIf([% Complete]=100,"Task completed",IIf(ProjDateConv([Baseline Finish])="NA","Task not agreed",IIf((ProjDateDiff([Baseline Finish],[Finish],"Standard")/60/8)<=20 And (ProjDateDiff([Baseline Finish],[Finish],"Standard")/60/8)>7,"Task >1 week late",IIf((ProjDateDiff([Baseline Finish],[Finish],"Standard")/60/8)>20,"Task >4 weeks late","Task on schedule"))))

As for your issue I cannot reproduce it. I get indicators as expected for all values.