Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Gantt Chart doesn’t spread out in Project 200

8 replies [Last post]
Patrick Liu
User offline. Last seen 20 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi. I have MS Project 2000, and I have inserted the durations of all of my tasks, but once I link all of the tasks (Finish-to-Start), Project doesn’t move the tasks one after another. Instead, all of the links remain in the same position (even though I see the arrows linking each one of them). However, when I bring my file to MS Project 2002 ON ANOTHER COMPUTER (without linking the tasks yet) and link them with the same method, everything works fine (I can see the extension in the Gantt Chart). I tried un-installing the Project 2000 on my computer and installed it again, but it still didn’t work. Does anyone have any idea what’s causing my problem? Thanks in advance.

Replies

Patrick Liu
My problem is solved already (and that’s exactly what’s causing the problem), thanks anyway.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Check the setting for calculation in option. I think you have use manual type rather auto.
Patrick Liu
Hi Jafar,
It’s Microsoft Project 2000 that I had this problem with.
Jafar Zarei
User offline. Last seen 15 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
would you please let me know which windows you are using?
kaid ragards
Jafar Zarei
Patrick Liu
Hey, problem solved! Thanks so much, Paul!
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 25 weeks ago. Offline
You may have manual calculation set. Press the F9 key to calcualte the schedule.

This setting is set by selecting Tools, Options, Calculation.

This is a system setting and affects all schedules opened on the machine and is not saved as a project setting, so the schedule may calculate automatically on another machine.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers
www.eh.com.au
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline
I have already set (or MS Project sets) the constraint type to "as soon as possible" when I started out the project. The problem is still there unfortunately. Any other ideas?
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline
HI Patrick,

Try checking constraint type. It might be set to early constraints. Replace your constraint type to as sson as possible constraint.

Hope this would help.