Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Message Forum

8 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
This is a new forum!

If you have any comments, complaints or suggestions, please let someone here know about it - then we can make things better !!

Jake

Replies

Roger Gibson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Can I suggest that when a member logs-on and ’x’ number new forum messages are displayed since the members last visit, then there is a drop-down list of the new messages (like there is for new members since last visit).

Regards

Roger Gibson (469)
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Jake,

I’ve sent James an email about this also ...

I browse the forums (almost) every day. A few things that would help are:

A date of last visit and an indication of new posts in each thread since last visit

An interface such as vBulletin or nuke-forums has some good features
Forum Guest
Ok, it works fine now.
Forum Guest
Ok, I'll action those issues as discussed. Jake.
Jimbo,

We have had a huge response on the "global discussion" issue. I will email you next week to discuss how we take things further.

Jake
Forum Guest
Ok, I have changed the script to open a more reasonable sized window. Anyone got anymore observations or requests.
Jake,

I reckon the "window opener" script needs some more work. When I open the forum in MSIE is gives me a very narrow window.

Why not make it open "full screen"

Regards...
Forum Guest
Hello,

I have run this forum in Netscape and it opens a rather cool window. The "size" issue must either be a long standing problem of yours, or perhaps a quirk of MSIE versus Netscape.

I vote for a "full screen window" !!