Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Inserting picture in a message

8 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi PPs and administrators,
I have seen messages with pictures inserted; very useful when you have to describe something difficult with plain words.
How can I do that?
Alexandre

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Mike,

We all know and appreciate the work of moderators, better on the safe side than not. You are welcomed to keep order in the same way a sports referee, 99% on target, 1% might not, but not to be contested, the show must go on.

Keep up to the good work; keep this place the good place it is, keep watching.

Best regards,
Rafael
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Hi All

For the avoidance of doubt I have never yet used my moderators access to delete any picture.

Even when Rafael responded to one of my threads with a video of a gyrating Hippo’s bum in a ballet skirt.

It wasn’t me Raphael t’was another unknown moderator.

Best regards

Mike Testro
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Rafael,

u r correct.

But it was never encouraged by the keyboard jockey sitting on the top left corner and he used to keep on deleting posts having pictures / images.

:-)
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
URLs do not consume server memory, the coding is like a text to the server, and this HTML code when your Internet Explorer sees it will interpret it and call for a picture stored elsewhere. Your Internet Explorer or web viewer will download the pictures from the external server into your computer.
A D
IMG SRC="orb.jpg" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=300 BORDER=0

Use < these brackets for opening and closing >
A D
u need to upload that picture on some website/server.

Then type this code:

WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=300 BORDER=0>

(U hav to write this code in single line)

Here’s an example:

But, if i do remember correctly, some of the posts were deleted earlier by admin/moderators, as it consumes lot of space on the server

Cheers,
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Hi Alexandre.

Ask Rafael - he does it all the time - it drives me nuts which is why he does it.

Best regards

Mike Testro