Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Preparation of Entitlement Programme for EOT

4 replies [Last post]
TII WS
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Hi,

I am preparing an entitlement programme for EOT. I have no problem with that as the delay is due to the main contractor delaying their structural work. purely a employer risk event.

I calculated the start variance between their current master programme with the previous one. I add on this variance to my programme date to dovetail their schedule.

Is that the right way to do so ? Also kindly advice what should I write in my transmittal letter to the contractor

Replies

Akhtar Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi CH

What Mike has written is correct but Don't forget to attach the backup document letters,EIs etc.for each event.

Regards.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 12 hours ago. Offline

Hi CH

Whether you are "Going Contractual" or engaging in polite negotiations it is essential that your case is presented in the strongest possible terms.

The change from a 12 day cycle to 10 days seems to be an instructed acceleration so if it is costing you more then you should claim it.

If it is just eating up your float you should register the loss in case you need it later.

Best regards

Mike Testro.

TII WS
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Hi Mike,

Thanks, one more advice from you.

Getting EOT is not a problem, however they also reduce our installation duration from a 12 day cycle to a 10 day cycle. In that case, can we use to reason to get EOT claim as well ?

Sometimes being too contractual can work against us, since we are subcontarctor. That's why I have to be tactful in action

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 12 hours ago. Offline

Hi CH

When you are in a sub-contract and the Main Contractor delays your planned start date then it is simple to add a revised start date to your programme and generate a delayed completion date.

This is a pure As Planned v As Built analysis method which only really works in such a situation.

If you have delayed starts on many different work fronts then just repeat the process in chronological order.

Always save your file under a new name - Delay Event 01 - for each event.

As far as presentation is concerned show the delayed start as a solid task from original start to actual start and if your software allows it colour it bright scarlet.

Use a 24/7 calendar for the event and subsequent delay effect.

For the delay effect set up two milestones linked one to the original completion and the next to the delayed completion and put them under a summary bar - colour this bar dark blue.

If intervening events occur during the delayed work then you will have to use an Impacted as Planned method on the delayed tasks.

A simple one page narrative should suffice to tell the story and request an EoT.

Best regards

Mike Testro