Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Asta Task per line Mode

3 replies [Last post]
TONY SEWELL
User offline. Last seen 11 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

I have recieved a programme which has used the Task per line mode to put multiple activites on a single line. Is there a way to put eeach actvity on its own line - apart from expanding the view!!

I dont want works on multply lines

Replies

Konstantinos Pars...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 27 weeks ago. Offline

@ Jess

Excellent tip, thank you!

Jessica Nicholls
User offline. Last seen 11 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello

There is indeed a way to do this in the software.

Select the bar that contains the tasks you wish to "separate out"  and then select the "Unroll Tasks" button from the Hierarchy group on the Home Tab of the Ribbon.

In toolbar mode, this is found on the Bar Chart toolbar.

For those who want to work the other way round, their is a "Roll tasks up" button to do the opposite.

Hope this helps

Jess @ Asta

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Tony

There is no direcr way that I know of to change the layout electronically.

There is a cumbersome way round.

Copy and paste all the top line headings to a spreadsheet.

Open all the drop down tasks and copy and paste to a new programme.

Roll up the new tasks to summaries and then copy and paste the summary titles from the spreadsheet.

Reinstate the missing links between summaries if they were lost in the copy process.

Best regards

Mike Testro