Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Planned and Achieved by Code

1 reply [Last post]
Mike Jackson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Is it possible to do the following?

I have a construction programme that has builders elements, electrical elements and plumbing elements. The programme has been baselined. I do a dropline each week inputting percentages achieved. This gives me the planned and achieved percentages for the programme as a whole. What I would like is to split out the builders planned and achieved, the electrical planned and achieved and the plumbing planned and achieved. Whilst filtering by code seperates the tasks into the 3 catagories the overall planned and achieved figures remain the same and do not adjust for that particular code.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike Jackson. 

Replies

robmx 1
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Mike,

There are two ways to get to the answer which i think you are looking for:

The first is to summarise each group of items so you have a builders elements summary, an electrical elements summary and a plumbing elements summary. The summary bar will have its own 'rolled-up' planned and actual percent complete shown in the spreadsheet however this may distort the natrual order of your programme. So it may be better to create a hammock for each group of tasks at the top of the programme, again a builders elements hammock, an electrical elements hammock and a plumbing elements hammock and then add the respective activities to the correct hammocks and as with the summary tasks this will also give you a 'rolled-up' planned and actual percent complete for each hammock.

Both the hammocks and the summary tasks will provide a visual representation of the progress if you are using a 'jagged' progress period line, however if you didn't want to show the additional bars the hammocks would be easier to hide than the summary bars as the hammocks don't contain any infomation as such, they only reflect the infomation which is contained elsewhere. Hope this helps!

Rob H.