Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Night Shift Work Pattern

2 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi All

How do I set up a work pattern for a night shift that starts at 20:00 on Tuesday and ends 05:00 Wednesday?

Best regards

Mike Testro

Replies

Andrew Willard
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

Create a new work pattern and delete all working time from Monday, Thursday and Friday.

Tuesday and Wednesday looks like this. Then copy an exsiting calendar and apply this work pattern to the calendar. make sure you draw tasks in hours. Any probs email me.

Thanks

Andy

aw_pictures17.jpg
aw_pictures18.jpg

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 18 min ago. Offline

Model the work hours for Tuesday 20:00 to 24:00 and Wednesday 00:00 to 05:00.

In the following example I modeled 2 such consecutive days as to include this possibility where previous night shift ends am on a given day and next night shift starts pm the same given day. You can see a resource working on the activity five days during daytime and a resource working two night per week on the same activity. No need to model shifts as different activities, otherwise your model might not be correct if both shifts are a continuation of the same work.

Photobucket

It is not Asta but suppose the approach shall be similar.

The following calendar cycle consists of 3 consecutive work days and a non-work day, a cycle of 4 days instead of the 7 days within a natural week. Very easy to model using a single recurring calendar exception that can be one day duration or even more.  As you can see not all Mondays are work days. This might also be of interest.

Photobucket