Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Data distribution on the Gantt graph

11 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 3 min ago. Offline

In the following figure I have some distributed data shown but I need to disclose which parameters on the leyend.  How it is done?

Time_Dist_Data

Replies

Rafael Davila

Multiple layouts for data distribution works as expected.

Thank you very much, the devil is in the details.

Rafael

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 3 days 8 hours ago. Offline

Works great!

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 3 days 8 hours ago. Offline

Work great!

Rafael,

new version saves data distribution in the Gantt Chart in project layouts.

Regards,

Vladimir

Yes, it is new functionality and we did not include it in the layouts yet.

Rafael Davila

Vladimir,

• It looks like the Data Distribution settings are not stored under Layouts.  
  • Although easy to change at a click of the mouse it would be convenient if different settings can be stored for different layouts.

Best Regards,

Rafael

Rafael Davila

Vladimir,

I plan to use this functionality frequently, it give insight into many details it is very valuable. 

Perhaps in the same way links can be toggled on/off by clicking on the links icon the same can be implemented for displaying distributed data.

I know it is new functionality; you nailed it at the bullseye with this one.

Best Regards,

Rafael

Displaying parameters at this place was my first idea but now it is possible to show multiple parameters in the Gannt View and besides distribution of selected two parameters. So we need a lot of space to explain all settings. It could be movable text box that may be shown or not. We'll think about the best way.

Thank tou.

Rafael Davila

It might also be convenient to display parameters on the Gantt View.

Show_Parameters

Rafael Davila

Vladimir,

For a single layout the idea of using header or footer is good but in the case you are using multiple layouts to show additional time distributed data within the chart instead of using separate table, diagram or report the legend should make it. 

As always thanks.

Rafael

Yes, Rafael, the legend is absent. And not only for this case because people can also select any field to show in the Gantt Chart instead of activity names but what field was selected is not shown. We will think about the place where the legend shall be inserted and you proposals are welcomed.

Of course this information may be entered manually in some footer or header when Gantt Chart is prepared for printing, but this is not sufficient.