Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Some activities become open ended while importing xer file in Primavera Risk analysis

5 replies [Last post]
sanam negi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi every one,

I imported .xer file into primavera risk analysis, and while doing the schedule check I found out that there are some activities which became open-ended, whereas the activities are not open ended in primavera P6 "view log".

Please advise what could be the possible reason or how can i fix this.

Thanks

sanam

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Gary,

Didn't get it..... 

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

David,

I've Private Message'd you with my email adress.

Cheers,

G

sanam negi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi david,

I tried it but there was some error and i could not find the fix for it. could you please send me the PDF for the error correction or simple steps to do it.

Sanam

David Kelly

Gary,

I have a pdf document? Not sure how to get it to you?

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hi David,

I'm very interested to learn how you go about transferring P6 data directly into PRA instead of via an xer.

I have some tame IT bods in my office who would probably be willing to give it a go. Could you give us a broad brush description of what is involved?

Ta muchly,

G

David Kelly

Sanam,

Start to Finish relationships may not come accross

If you have IT support, the PRA to P6 interface is MUCH better if you can read the P6 data directly into PRA and not through an XER file - but it is tricky to set up, ften needing IT help.