Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Certification to Choose PMI / AACE

2 replies [Last post]
Badhru dheen
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have been in Planning & Costing for 4 years. I do QS also. I would like to go for certification to work with global employers.

I did a small study and compared different institutes and their courses (PMI / AACE / PRINCE2 / IPMA / AIPM).

I filtered PMP & PMI-SP (by PMI) and PSP & CEP ( by AACE).

but the cost involved in maintaing the certification force me to go for only one certification.

Which one should I choose ?

My requirement is

1. The course should have been able to pass by self study
  2. It should not take our savings for maintaining the certification.

Please advise.

Thanks & regards

Badhru

Replies

Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Badhru,

The PMI-SP examination is available worldwide and costs very little to maintain.  You need to log 30 hours of continuing professional development every 3 years (called PDUs in PMI speak) and pay a low renewal fee after the third year - you do not need to be a PMI member.

Study for the exam is hard for more details see: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Training-Planning_One-on-One.htm

The PDUs can usually be earned free of charge by attending webinars, self-study, etc.  For details see:  http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Training_PDUs.html

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 2 days ago. Offline

If you do not have a bachelors degree in an area of your interest I would advise study at night and during weekends, it will be long but better than a certification you can get part time within a few weeks.

If you have a bachelors degree then aim for a higher degree. 

Every year thousands get their degrees by studying at night, many get a second degree by studying at night school. Some get their MBA's, many others, among them CPA's [Certified Public Accountants] get their Law Degree.  Many prepare at night school for their professional exams.

Don't allow yourself get behind.