Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Engineer in Oil and Gas Industry

4 replies [Last post]
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
I have been trying to get a post in O/G industry but always in vain. I am a civil engineer and I know that generally the clients are looking for mech engr, petroleum engr or mining engineer. I am willing to start as a junior planning engineer in the oil and gas industry. If there are managers here willing to get me as a planning engineer, a support for the team, in the oil industry, just shoot me an email.

Thanks.

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi D,

This was in the news today, I thought that it might give you a good lead to prospective empolyers. It is not O&G, but big construction project.

Good luck,

Samer

http://www.constructionweekonline.com/

Showcase: Qatar

Project Showcase: Qatar
by Jeff Roberts on Feb 17, 2010

Musheireb aims to improve quality of life for all Doha residents
[More Images]

RELATED ARTICLES: 10 Qatari projects you should be involved in; Kuwait, Qatar join tall building trend; DohaLand looks to engage young Qatari architects

Government officials and journalists from around the region descended upon Doha in January in anticipation of an event to celebrate the laying of the foundation stone of DohaLand’s US $5.5 billion Musheireb [formerly Heart of Doha] mixed-use development.

Boasting a design that is the product of collaboration between Allies and Morrison, Arup and Edaw, the 35-hectare Heart of Doha will be developed in five phases, with Phase 1A – which has been dubbed the ‘Diwan Emiri Quarter’ and includes the Emiri Diwan annex, the Emiri Guard HQ, a heritage quarter and the Qatari National Archives – to be fully completed by 2012.

“The Heart of Doha will be a shining example of Qatar’s determination to innovate, not just for innovation’s sake, but the end goal of improving quality of life and ensuring that heritage and culture carries on as the country grows and evolves,” said HE Dr Abdullah al Kubaisi, vice chairman of DohaLand. “Qatar has a magnificent history of rich culture and tradition, while at the same time, a present day that exhibits a country that has evolved into a progressive, global leader in a variety of industries.”

A subsidiary of Qatar Foundation, DohaLand is being developed under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al Missned and the Qatari royal attended the ceremony to deliver the keynote address. In fact, the Her Highness is the chairperson of the Qatar Foundation and thus, her role in Musheireb has been more than just perfunctory.

“We feel the vision from His and Her Highness for a sustainable, lasting architecture – architecture that isn’t just glass and metal greenhouses overheating in the desert – is our kind of vision,” said Tim Makower, principal of Allies and Morrison, in an exclusive interview with MEA.

Upon completion, it is estimated that Musheireb will incorporate 1,000 housing units – apartments, townhouses and villas – and be able to accommodate approximately 27,000 residents.
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear D,

I would recommend that you contact the local companies that are working at sites as well. It should not be too hard. Make a personal visit to their offices and drop your CV as well.

You can also try the consulting offices as well. They also need people. It seems that everyone is optimistic and we are getting out of the world crisis by this year end. You can search with the International companies as well.

Experience comes from the projects that you work on. So you need to target the people looking for junior planners.
So you can be part of a team at site, or you can work for a small project.

With kind regards,

Samer
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
That’s so fast, Samer. Thanks.

With, QP, i have been applying on-line for the last 12 months and still in vain. I will try again though. Most of them are looking for a experienced planner in Oil, I don’t have at all, just airport, precast, water pipelaying, etc. I just need to get in to the industry and that’s the hard part.

Still hoping though.

Thanks again.
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear D,

QP has at least 18 subsideries. I suggest that you check their website, they have hundreds of jobs posted. Also check the list of Contractors working at constructing the Trains.

They have a continuous expansion projects. I am sure that you can get on board.

With kind regards,

Samer