Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I am getting a new offer

2 replies [Last post]
richu rose
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planner,

I am getting a new offer here in Oman (a country east of UAE/Dubai). It is a good organization particulaly for up-comming (new) planner to learn new skills as they use resources & other advanced method for planning.

It is for a road project. I do not any experience in road.
At my current employer, planning is done only for the weekly & monthly reports for client. We do not have any norms, budget or planning for resources.

Draw-back of the new offer is I will be paid the same salary what i currently.

Richu

Replies

richu rose
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Mangesh,

Yes i agree with you one should go for advanced learning.

Right now the construction field is booming, even people with no or little skills / experience are also earning. But during recession / depression in construction field only our skills will count.

I have accepeted the offer inspite of a drawbacks in the pay they are offering.

Richu
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi
Its always better to go with some advanced learning things, coz after some time it will definately benefit you, as you wrote you are a new planner, then its always better to go for learning new things, I would say whenever your learning curves slows down you should opt for a change.

Cheers,
Mangesh