Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Relocation to UAE from Kuwait: urgent advice sought

3 replies [Last post]
Guest Temporary
User offline. Last seen 17 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi every1,

Please help me in deciding whether to move to UAE or not. I am particularly concerned about very high cost of living, especially flat rent.

I am having 11+ years experience and am working for a leading construction co.(mainly high rise buildings) in Kuwait. But, now I want to leave this company due to some personal reasons.

Recently, I received 2 jobs offers, confirmed on the same day- one from Kuwait and another from the UAE. Both the companies are reputed having operations in other countries; but comparatively UAE company is much bigger and having so many prestigious projects. the salary offered is as follows:

UAE Company: 21000 AED.

pros.- better salary; probably better career growth, and more opportunities to acquire advanced skills; preferred kind of projects.

Kuwaiti Company: 15000 AED (equivalent).

pros.- lower cost of living; well aware of the place; old friends.

can you please tell me how what should be the monthly ex pence for a middle class small Indian family (no school-going children)- i hear it is around 10 to 11 thousands AED?

I’ll highly appreciate your suggestions to resolve this dilemma . Thanks in advance

Replies

ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
if you are hard worker and ready to spend more than 12 hours daily in your work, then you can think to come to Dubai.
Razi Khan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

"Kuwait is much better place to stay and save" This is the observation of one of my freind who shifted from Kuwait to U.A.E very recently.

I also worked 1.5 years in Dubai (Lived in Sharjah) and not a single day passed when I didn’t wanted to returned back to Kuwait. And Thanks God I got a chance again to work in Kuwait and I returned back to Kuwait.

In Dubai your time will pass on roads in traffic rather than with family or freinds or doing something meaningful.

Careerwise I don’t find any thing better than Kuwait and by the way being Indian here we do job only, we don’t develop carrier in Gulf.

Visiting mall during weekends is your idea of spending quality time then Dubai is good place.

Finally decision is yours.

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Yes Mr. Guest,

First let us know, where is ur company / project located in UAE. If its in Dubai, then definitely Monthly expenses will go around 10000 Dhms. If u staying in places Fujairah or Umm Al Quwain, then ur expenses will be less.

U can find large population of Indian Community here in Dubai. So, nothing to worry about your family.

Salary wise its oki-doki. Seems to be no problem.

Dubai will be definitely a better place to stay around for few years, good places to go around for ur weekend.

I wud advise to join UAE firm!!

Cheers,