Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

BEWARE.......

10 replies [Last post]
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
AVOID ILLEGAL RECRUITER.........I BECOME A VICTIM.......BEWARE

Replies

Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
hmmm... the job charles described is pretty much what I’m on.

But WA is much more comfortable than Africa
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
the thing is common sense; if the company really wants you, they’ll hire you as you wish; if you don’t want it, why take it?
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

I think Charlie’s absolutely right on this one. If it sounds like a dream job then that’s probably what it is - a dream, but unless you keep your wits about you, it could easliy turn into a nightmare.

I suppose with the increasing use of the Internet things like this are bound to happen. The approach Charlie suggested when dealing with these dream offers does work, I’ve used it myself. However, you can also try to contact the person through the company they say they represent, if the company has never heard of them, then you ditch the offer.

With planners being in great demand, maybe we should think up some ideas for how best to deal with bogus offers without losing out on genuine ones, what do you think?

Chris Oggham
ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
As planners you need to THINK FIRST then PLAN then MOTIVATE then ATTACK then BEWARE...
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 10 years 1 week ago. Offline
Actually it’s not only from Nigeria, the infection went also to England but on limited scale.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ferdi as in nand y Markus,

Big chance this come from Nigeria, oil and gas, petrochemical.

I did receive a lot of this job offer but I just delete it in my mail, not an inch will i read it. Anything that comes from that country, job offer, winning lottery, some million dollars in dormant account. Anything that comes from Africa in the vicinity of Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!, waste of time.

If you want to play around, you ask for salary of 15,000 USD per month net non-negotiable, 10,000 one time relocation cost. If the guy will give you the offer, it will be to good to be true, otherwise if it is really true, then, he will not come back to you.

Whatever scenario, it is just a waste of time. Besides a lot of kidnappings going on in that place, security is so bad. Why take the risk for few dollars more.

Cheers,

Charlie
Ponnaganti Sridhar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Ferdi

i think this for Nigeria , becasue now a days many fraud mais are coming from Nigeria of simlar kind it is a very stupid market there

Cheers!
Sridhar
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
It happen like this......

This guy is not using the e-mail add of the company / he is using personnal e-mail add. he tells me that he can’t get through our system using his / her company ID. But when I accept the offer the logo of the company is fake. i notice it when one of my ex-colleage it that company shoy to their HR and Director and confirmed to me that the logo is fake an no project indicated in the contract offer in that place. And Even call their office and that guy is not there / they don’t know that guy....

Beware.....
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Yeah,

You are supposed to be the smart guy and victimized the rest.

How come????

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
i like your name! how did you become a Victim?