Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

whats the going rate for a planner

10 replies [Last post]
rosie finnegan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
can anyone give me a ball park figure of what the going rate is for a a planner with 5 years experience in oil and gas ?
many thanks
r

Replies

Scott McCarthy-Pu...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Going rate in Aberdeen for an experienced planner in the Oil and Gas is between £40-£50 p/h Ltd Company....I’ve heard of day rates up to £550 also...
Gwen Blair
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
As a general rule, if you are working inside the EU and Norway you can opt to pay either the local taxes or UK tax.
Depends on the depth and breadth of your experience working with Contractors or Operators.

You can get an all inclusive day rate or day rate, plus tax free living accomodation allowance, tax free flights home, per diem, mob phone bill, paid plus expenses if travelling on business.

I would say anything from 25K -125K GBP p.a. working on a 230 days per annum.

Of course hard ship postings would mean the upper bracket would be exceeded.

All depends on how much you value your skills and who is looking for Planners at the time.

Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is that per day Charlie?????
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Bra and rf,

Dont settle for less than 5,000.00 US net.

cheers,

Charlie
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
no you would still need to pay tax and national insurance. I dont know if you can open up a ltd company and run it as a one man band as most contractors have to do now, not sure what the agreement is between the uk and the netherlands, when i worked in the netherlands I could not use my ltd company and had to pay dutch taxes it may well have changed now but you would have to look into it

rosie finnegan
so that is freelance , in the pocket ?
Brad Lord
rf

that is a ltd company daily rate and does not include the agency markup,

regards

bra
rosie finnegan
Thanks guys
is this figure before taxes ?
does the agent \ agency need to get a cut from this ?
I’m active in the nederlands and the agency’s make it soo difficult to make decent money and many companies use these agencies.
thanks again
r
Brad Lord
RF

The uk are currently looking for good p3 oil and gas planners, the rates are dep on experience, about £350 pr day,

regards

brad
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Better to see job advertisement with respect toyour experience. It will give you fair idea about the current planning rates.