Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New P3e User

1 reply [Last post]
Ken Carling
User offline. Last seen 16 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

After 25 yrs in aircraft eng I took the plunge and did the P3e course I am now looking for employment with a new tool set and I would appreciate any help on getting started.
For instance which industry should I target and due to being a new P3e user with limited P3e driving time who will give me a chance to get on the ladder.
I am looking for contract or perm work.

Thanks in advance
Ken

Replies

Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Good on you Ken,
I too came from the aircraft industry and now work successfully (for the last 13 weeks) in the railway signalling industry.

A point to note is that if you have been using other scheduling tols the P3e experience shouldn’t be too hard to get your head around.

I started with my new employer with NO experience in Primavea products at all.

I liken all the tools I’ve used over the years to different models of cars, they all do the same thing, it’s just that the wiper switch and the light switch are in different places and there may be some subtle differences in terminology. Just like learning a new language this will come very quickly to the savy scheduler.

Best of luck in your quest.

Andy

P.S. If you are looking to locate down under there are a boat load of jobs down here for planners and schedulers.