Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Career Option In the UK for a non EU member

5 replies [Last post]
Abhijit Kulkarni
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Can anybody suggest me a way to get a permanent job in the UK, as I am an Indian and has 14+ years of experience in Project Planning & Controls in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Fertlizer, Steel industry and presently working in Muscat, Oman?

I am Mechnaical Engineering Graduate from a reputed University i.e. University Of Poona, Maharashtra India.

I am aware of HSMP, but is there any other way possible?

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys,

Rather than go into any sort of explanation here, take a look at the Workpermit.com site. It’s got all the information you need.

Chris Oggham
ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Are there any spcific restrictions.

What are threir requirements.
Abhijit Kulkarni
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Chris,

I am continuously applying through many websites including Planning Planet Job Section, but no success.

As I understand no Recruitment Agent is allowed to sponser work permit and getting HSMP approval is very difficult.

Hence requested for any other way to get the Work Permit to work in the UK.

Thanks once again

Abhijit
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Abhijit,

Since you have 14+ years experience, I’d guess you are over 30 years old, so a Working Holiday Visa is out, but you might consider a Work Permit Visa. For this you need a job offer from a UK employer which allows you to apply for a sponsored work permit. However, the permit is valid for only 5 years and for the specific employer only. The good news is living and working in the UK on such a visa counts towards permanent residency requirements.

If you take a look through the jobs section on PP you may find something to suit you, and you can start from there.

Chris Oggham
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
There is no other way as yet except the HSMP which allows you to work here in UK