Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Looking For a Planning Postion in CT South Africa.

3 replies [Last post]
Mario Patel
User offline. Last seen 11 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am currently based in London and wish to return to South Africa, Cape town. What are the job prospects for Planning Engineers in South Africa.

Replies

Ian Thomson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mario

The construction industry is set for a mini-boom here in SA. Building plans passed last month are at their highest ever. I would give Murray & Roberts, WBHO, Grinaker, Rabie Property Developers, Harries Projects etc. I could even do some enquiries from here. Oil & Gas Construction is quiet.
Government etc, local & national are all options. If I were you I would not look only for construction. Any company with capex should be approached.

The sun shines here even in winter. I know what you are talking about as I was in the UK for 5 years. I do not regret it for one moment at all though. Enjoy it.
Mario Patel
User offline. Last seen 11 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks for your advise. What’s CT like these days? I haven’t been home in 4 years and SA is beginning to tug on my heart strings - The sun , beach and just the friendly faces faces of the Mother City.

I am however very worried about the emplyment opportunities that may or may not lie ahead of me.

Thanks again
Ian Thomson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

I am currently working as a planner in Cape Town in Oil / Gas and have a few colleagues who are out of work in Cape Town. Even my colleagues in Joburg are quiet. I would suggest that you stay where you are for a few months and give me an e-mail then and I will update you.