Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Fake Planner

6 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello all,re is a fake planner amoung the circles. His name is Name Removed By Moderator he used to work in Network Rail in Swindon and Amey in Bristol. He has no experience and goes from job to job to get better money. He is currently working with Westinghouse in Chippenham so i am made to believe. He is making a bad name for us contractors as please planning planet send this to as many recruiters as posssible.

Regards
A real and annoyed Planner

Replies

Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
I cast my vote not to allow Guests to post. However, I believe that we should allow Guests to read postings.

Jorge Taguinod
Forum Guest
Slandering people in this way is spinless. either have courage in your conviction or leave people to get on with gaining experience and learning their trade.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
IMHO, forums that allow anonymity (either through guest accounts or the use of handles) are never as civil and professional as forums that require people to identify themselves. Anonymity invites spamming and flaming.

People just behave better online when they are not hiding. Count me as a vote for removing the guest post privilige.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Team,

Suggest you edit the first post now to take out the guys name. Suggest you leave the thread for discussion on the topic.

Discussion on deleting guests access to post should be held.

Allowing moderators to edit any post must be a priority.

Mark
Forum Guest
Guys,

We do not approve of slandering people in this manner. We do not know if what you say is true or not and we find it interesting that both postings here have been made by the GUEST account rather than by people feeling confident enough to give their real names.

We have known some planners, working contract in this manner - it is frustrating, but we can never stop that kind of thing. After all, one of the main reasons for working contract is to allow us to get the most beneficial package. When one of these guys does this and cannot do his job - then that is a different thing. Rather than slandering people, is there no other method of sorting this kind of thing ?

As soon as time permits we will probably be removing the GUEST account function so that people can no longer post anonymous messages.

Development Team
Forum Guest
Yes i have come accross him i used to work with him swindon. a real chancer