Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

DRAWING PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT

1 reply [Last post]
Joe Clark
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a program to track the time spent on drawings against a budgeted $ or time amount?
Can this be done with VW based on the drawing list created and be tracked by inputting the time spent into a spreadsheet in VW.
I am sure it could be done but I don't have the skills yet to formulate the spreadsheet.
I even checked out Production Management Video to know more betterly but wasn't satisfied.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you . 

Replies

Drawing production shall be planned and tracked as any other project.

Drawings may depend on each other, resources may be limited, so it is necessary to plan drawing production as the project with the specialized software and spreadsheets do not do what is required.

The software selection depends on your concrete requirements. In particular if you need to plan and to track the work of limited number of design engineers that do the drawings, take into account their skills and productivity.