Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

E.O.T approval

1 reply [Last post]
Ashraf Yonis
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all

Actually, we are working on FIDIC YELLOW contract, the contract period was over since 30/06/2011 and we submitted an EOT till 20/010/2012, untill now, the client didnt response to our EOT and my GM refuse to do any work at site untill we have approval on EOT.

90% of work is over, but the client refuse to issue a TOC to us and he is currently use our product. T&C is done and inspected by the engineer.

For issuing a TOC, we need to submit a final account, can i apply for final account while the project in some area not yet finished ?

also, what about the unsetteled VOPs, can i show it in the final account ?

Please advice 

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Ashraf

You have a number of problems here.

1.  Check you contract regarding client taking possession of the project - It may represent a de facto completion for the occupied section.

2.  Your GM refusal to finish the last 10% of the work is a dangerous tactic which may backfire.

3.  You do not have a Final Account situation yet because that will follow the TOC - in your interim or penultimate account include everything that you are owed.

My advice is to get the job finished and then enter into dispute mode.

Best regards

Mike Testro