Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changes & Modifications in the Construction Industry

1 reply [Last post]
Bianca Gribnitz
User offline. Last seen 10 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently busy with a Thesis on Changes & Modifications in the Construction Industry, and I have read numerous books on Changes and Change Management, different types of contracts and also books on how to manage change.

But what I need to know is Personal Experiences & opninions.

I know that there are various changes which occur, such as

a) Contract Changes

b) Design changes

c) Quantity Changes

d) Change Management 

My questions I pose are for example:

1. How do you as a professional manage Change in a project. 

2. How does your Company Manage it. 

3. Do you feel that Change & Modifications are well-explained in the Contracts that has been set out.

4. What in your opinion is the biggest negligence when it comes to Changes and why has it occurred

5. What Type of impacts have you experienced due to the different changes.

Please feel free to add more Questions, maybe myself or someone else can help us understand this topic better.

And please feel free to put your own opinion & thoughts down.

This subject intrigues me that's why i have chosen it as Thesis.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Bianca

For a better response go to Survey Monkey and set up a free questionaire and then post the links on PP.

Best regards

Mike Testro