Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

what is sap ps !!!

8 replies [Last post]
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 day ago. Offline
hello all

as i did not find much information in the web, can you please explain to us, what is sap ps and how it works

friendly mimoune

Replies

Been Hassert
User offline. Last seen 10 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Here's a beautiful overview about what the SAP PS Module does and what it's comprised of:

SAP PS Module Overview from SAP SCN Wiki

Also, here is an overview of the new Add-On SAP Commercial Project Management, which is also very relevant for SAP PS consultants

SAP CA-CPD / CPM / Commercial Project Management from SAP Developer Workbench Blog

Hope that helps!

Best regards, Been

mimoune djouallah
hi all

If you are like me, you want to get an idea about ERP and your company has not implemented it yet.
Just go to www.openbravo.com; they have a live demo; it works as a web client, and if you have a savvy IT staff you can manage to install at no charge.

Friendly mimoune.

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
That is it. U are right.

We had many problems during the implementation. But now everything is running well. It is necessary that all the persons of the organization understand the importance of the usage of an integrated system like SAP/R3 and which are the benefits.

Regards.
mimoune djouallah
Thanks you Alexander, hope this time I’ll see u for real.

Marcio, I suppose it is rather strange to ask for a product like SAP PS; from a guy who has never touched an ERP software. My point is; what I understood from a separate thread in this forum; and a lot of materiel in the web; the process of cost control and financial control are two separates process although basically they used the same data (input) the first one is done by planners cost engineers; estimators etc and the second one is the work of accountants.

The magic behind a good ERP software like SAP well implemented in a company; is to unify all the process used in a given business. ( yes it sounds like a marketing sentence;)

So I hope I am not wrong or over optimistic.

Friendly mimoune
Marcio Sampaio
Hi,

I work in Petrobras (www.petrobras.com) and we use all SAP modules integrated.

Specific in the project i am working (oil platform construction), contractors (we have 5) are using Primavera 5.0, P3 and MS Project to plann and control their contracts.

I have an overall schedulle on PS module where i give actuals after analyze informations that I receive from contractors.

I am also Primavera user since 2002 and think that PS is more difficult. Too much details.

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo
mimoune djouallah

Thanks marcio

But i was expecting some personal experience about the software, as specially in the case of SAP, if your company has not implemented it, you have no way to see it in action.

friendly
Marcio Sampaio