Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

software requirement specifications

1 reply [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None
How can we classify a "requirement specification" as a good one? Is there any metrics for this also similar to the software metrics, with which we can analyse the quality of a requirement? Note: By "requirement specification" I mean the requirements we get from the client to suggest a technical proposal

Replies

M Colon
User offline. Last seen 10 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It really depends on the industry and the technology available for the country you are trying to specify the product for. Market availability of hadware and software should be taken into consideration while preparing the specs. The best metrics to ulilize is investigation of the subject matter ie, if a schedule is needed, what programs are available in the language desired, what's the budget for this, who are the biggest better companis providing the service, calland get references of people using the software, talk to them and then make a decision. I hope this helps. If you are more specicic of what kind of sofware requirements needs you have maybe I can guide you better.