Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

scheduling based on resource availability

3 replies [Last post]
Assem El-Tayibe
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

i would like to schedule activity based on the resource activity ex, ( i have 10 activities and i have 2 crew to execute the 10 activities  so what i want is the Primavera to schedule the activities that 2 activities in parallel then another 2.

Replies

I think that creating resource "crew" you did not set its availability and P6 used default value 1/h.

If to set it as 2/h the results shall be as expected.

Regards,

Vladimir

Assem El-Tayibe
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can u please tell me how to assign 2 crews as i have a labor resource call "crew" with default unit/ time = 1h/h and when i assign the resource and do the leveling it schedule;e the activities after each other , and what i want to have 2 activities in parallel.

regards,

Assem,

this is the standard task for resource leveling.

If you will assign crews to activities, set the total number of available crews, and run resource leveling any project management software will delay those activities that require resources that are not available at the moment of their early start.

The main problem with leveling is selecting an optimal sequence of activity execution. With limited resources different packages may create different schedules for the same project.