Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Link Primavera & Crystal Report

1 reply [Last post]
mani M.R
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Hai All

To  link Primavera SdK & Crystal Report  i did the below option

1.File -New - Report Expert -OK

2.Standand-Ok-Database-ODBC-Primavera P6 SDK-Admin-Admin (database Connected)

3.I want to create Tabular & Graphical Report for manpower histogram & S curve (We can create it in Primavera also)

In Primavera SDK Documentation i saw that we need to Change the access Level to 1 & Scope Level to 7 to extract all data.

I believe that we cannot change the Scope & Access level in Crystal Report .

To change the scope & Access level i connect  Excel & Primavera SDK Through Data-From other Source-Microsoft Query-Select Table - Project-

and i write a query to update the access level to 1  & Scope level to 7 . Query was exceuted successfully.

Then Once again i connect the excel & Primavera SDK & Extract the data,but the scope level & access level is not changed

Anyone say me how to change the access Level , Scope level & extract data in crystal report

Thanks a lot

Regards

Mani

Replies

Gary Moffatt
User offline. Last seen 5 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Anyone trying to connect Crystal with P6, no matter the bits, can install Sqlite database and the ODBC for same. You can innitialize a Sqlite database from P6 without any problems. Clean out the sample projects and restore your project in Sqlite and make your connection to Crystal. I have found it helpful to create an invisable 'select' field to calculate the filter so for each report the filter is just select=T. You can switch your database when you log in to P6.