Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 baseline link with current planned schedule

1 reply [Last post]
jean perre
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I looking for a solution concerning primavera P6.

I wonder know what is the link between baseline activities & the current planned schedule, I mean not the link like SS, FF, etc, but is the criteria (field) used by the activity in the baseline to recognize the activity in the current planned schedule.

For example in P3 it was the activity ID, but in P6 it seems not to be the same. Indeed when you change the activity ID of an activity, the baseline remain and don't desepear like in P3.

Does anyone has the clue?

Thanks a lot 

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline

The Baseline will disapear aftyer renumbering when you press F5 to refresh.

The planned dates are a disaster and should be avoided. I have an article under Technical Papers on my web sites titles "What Baseline Bars am I displaying" which explains some of the issues with these dates. I suggest you consider have a read ot it.

Paul E Harris

Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training

www.eh.com.au

www.eastwoodharris.com

www.primavera.com.au - a Primavera scheduling software resources site