Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

start/finish dates in P6 v8.1

6 replies [Last post]
kath murray
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

We have recently upgraded to Primavera 8.1 web version, its not been easy i had only just got used to P6 Enterprise. Anyway when i am creating projects or updating old ones and adding in relationships the start/finish dates are not moving unless i manually change them.

Can anyone please help im guessing its a setting i have but i cant find any info on this. I have the duration type set to fixed durations and units/time, i thought this might be the problem but it doesnt appear to be?

Thanks in advance

Replies

Mohammed Ziaulla

i fixed this problem ......by changing the layout in actvity window(Highlited in Orange) 

srn_shrt.png

kath murray

Hi Mohammed sorry i cant see the screenshot i cant open the file

kath murray

Hi Mohammed sorry i cant see the screenshot i cant open the file

kath murray

Thanks Daniel, i have been scheduling them (F9) but they seem to be pending when i check the status im really looking at how to force the scheduling without it pending, refreshing doesnt work.

Mohammed, check if 'hide empty' is ticked or if there are any filters on clear them all.Hope that helps

Mohammed Ziaulla

Hi,

I have recently  installed P6 on my laptop which has Windows 7...

when i open the project i'm not able to see actvities of the programme all i can see is only WBS kindly help me out with this..

i have attached screen shot for better understanding

planning.jpg

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kath,

You need to press F9 to re-schedule or if you want automatic scheduling you need to tick that button in the scheduling options.

Regards,

Daniel