Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Constrains

No replies
serhat amasyalı
User offline. Last seen 12 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a problem and I want to explain this with an example, if anyone could help me, I would be very glad

There is a A activity, this activity starts at 1 february and finish 1 april according to schedule and duration is 60 days ( 1 april - 1 february = 60 days). This Activity's deadline is 30 april and it doesn't have to finish later than 30 april

Anyway if everything ok it would be start 1 february and finish 1 april and it needn't any change in dates ( I mean earlier than 30 april ) like this circumstance

For example this activity did not start 1 february, started 15 march and if it was scheduled (F9) at 15 march. The programme added 60 days on start date (15 march) and finished 15 may (15 march + 60 days = 15 may ).  I want definitely that this activity could not pass deadline (30 april) and it would start 15 march and finish 30 april (deadline)

Also resource name of this activity is x, the quantity of x equal 180 unit, at first circumstance activity original duration would be 60 days and 3 unit (180/60 = 3) was spent as per day and when I printed resource report I saw that 90 unit was spent on february and 90 unit was spent on march

But at new circumstance activity started on 15 march and finished on 30 april because of deadline and it takes 45 days to finish and 4 unit (180/45 = 4) was spent as per day when I printed resource report I saw that 60 (15*4=60) unit was spent on february and 120 (30*4=120) unit was spent on march

So I want it to be like underline paragraphes , Howcan I do it like underline paragraphes? Which constraints can I use ?