Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Original Duration on Summary Bars

2 replies [Last post]
Baris Hazar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

It is to my understanding that P6 is calculating OD of summary bars by using Planned Dates. I have tried to equate planned dates to current dates by using global change but at this time P6 is changing OD of In Progress activities.  

Is there any way to set current dates as a calculation base of summary bars' original duration?

BR,

Baris Hazar

Replies

Baris Hazar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Amit,

Yes i agree with you and this is the most frequent reason to have unexpected OD on a summary bar. However, for summary bars, P6 uses global calendar just to calculate working days (defined in your global calendar) between summary bar Planned Start and Planned Finish. In my schedule, summary bar OD is equal to the difference between Pl Fn and Pl St and this is valid for all the levels. The main problem is to find a way to set current st and current fn dates instead of planned dates to calculate OD for summary bars. Because current dates and planned dates are different for Completed and In Progress activities.

Regards,

Baris

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

OD in summary bars is calculated using Default Globla Calendar. Kindly check your default calendar see if the days are coming correctly or not.

Regards

Amit Parmar

check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in