Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5 Variance in Summary level ---Original Duration

3 replies [Last post]
Jiso Thomas
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hai Friends,

I am a new user in P5 & we are using different calendar (7days/week calendar and 6days/week).My default calendar in enterprise level is 7days/week.Now the issue is when i am summarizing in activity code level, original duration is shown according to Default 7days/week calendar. But i assigned 6days/week calendar for all activities under that particular activity code level.

Can anybody explore and resolve this?

Thanks,

Jiso

Replies

Jiso Thomas
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Guys,

I understood that this is a unsolved problem where we are using more than one calender in a project,Otherwise we need to switch in to WBS summary level.

Thanks for quick response & cooperation.

Regards,

Jiso

Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Jiso,

If you follow this thread and study the other 2 that it references then you will see some of the frustrations we come across with this subject.

Primavera Duration Threads

Andy
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jiso
As activities in Primavera can have different calendars, durations show in the summary bars by default are assigned to the default calendar.
If you’ll study PP you’ll find quite a few threads on this topic.
Regards
Dieter