Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Claim Digger-incorrect relations lag changes

6 replies [Last post]
ali kandemir
User offline. Last seen 12 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

has anybody faced with the incorrect lag changes in claim digger report when you compare 2 schedules. For example, even the lag is not changed in both schedules, claim digger report is shown as it is changed. And it makes it in lots of activities. There is no problem in the report other than the relationship changes? When i telked with the primavera support, they said it might be happened in oracla database system.

Do you have any solution fir this?

Replies

Husni Madi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

I am facing the same problem and would appreciate it the most if anyone provided an explanation and/or solution.

Thomas Polen
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Zachry - I've seen various anomolies discussed with me, but I've never seen one "in the wild" on my own. That said, the company I work for, Acumen (http://www.projectacumen.com) has a forensics module that should properly detect all lag changes (and changes to calendars, added/removed activities, any field changes, etc...) If you'd be interested in trying our software, it may readily solve this. Otherwise, I'd be interested in any files (sanitized) that have the problem in Claim Digger so that I can check this in the Acumen software.

Tom Polen

Thomas Polen
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Zachary Walters
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Resurrecting this thread I guess. I have the same problem... Digger showing relationship lags that have been deleted in the 'Revised' schedule, but that actually never existed in the 'Baseline.'  Or lags that have been added in the 'Revised' schedule, but that actually already existed in the 'Baseline.'

Using P6 version 7.0

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline

Is there a place ORACLE publishes reported bugs so their users are aware of these potential traps that can have significant time and cost impact?

Please provide the link for our knowledge, is seems there are plenty.

Ahmed Mohey
User offline. Last seen 13 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

yes i have faced these prblem before and i would like to have the solution