Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline dates are different after it incorporated to another schedule

5 replies [Last post]
Krishna Kumar
User offline. Last seen 12 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Planners,

I am facing some problems in assigning Baseline to my current schedule. After completing the monthly progress updation on my current schedule, i copied it as a another project to use it as another baseline. But once i assigned this as new baseline schedule and assigned it as Project Baseline. But the dates are not same as the original.

If i view the baseline schedule alone, its showing different dates & if i incorporate it into another schedule it showing different dates. I don't know why it showing like this. Kindly help me to resolve this ASAP coz i've to submit the Schedule within 2 days.

Regards,

Krishna

Replies

Krishna Kumar

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your support to solve this issue. And i've got my dates by following Arnold suggestion as below,

AP PM Send message to AP PM   User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline Joined: 2007-04-25 Content Credits: 1106 Groups: Roads & Infrastructure, United Arab Emirates   Add Contact-Network Hi Rav,

Why do you want to update your Baseline?

Anyway, to update your Baseline, go to Project Menu --> Maintain Baseline --> Highlight the baseline & Select Update, Mark the “Update existing activities already in the baseline” & select Update Options, Mark the necessary checkboxes you need especially “Dates, duration and data date” then OK and UPDATE.

Notes: If you choose the ’Dates, durations, and data date’ option to ensure that these fields are updated, after you run the baseline update, you should restore the baseline project, then schedule and re-baseline the project.

HTH.

Arnold   So, finally it works & got the dates that i've required.   Regards, Krishna    
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Open the baseline schedule, and run a global change to make planned dates = early/actual dates.

This should fix the problem.

Kumar Baiju
User offline. Last seen 10 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Krishna

If you give some screen shot then it helps me to understand in better way.

Regards\\

Krishna Kumar

Hi Raymund,

I have assigned it as Project Baseline & looking in Project Baseline start & finish. And one more thing that while preparing the baseline i have entered some actual dates but now after assigning it as baseline the dates are not same as the actual date that i have entered.

And i don't know that if anything wrong in the method of assigning the baseline, could you clarify me that after updating all the actuals if i want to save it as a baseline what is the exact procedure? Kindly clear me ASAP coz i have to submit in 2 days.

Regards,

Krishna

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi,

First, Check the Calendar if the default is the same as the Project activity calendars.

Second, I doubt maybe you are looking on the columns showing the Planned dates. Planned dates is different from the baseline dates.

To make sure of it, use the Gant bar to compare Current Schedule from Baseline Schedule.

Hope this will help.

regards,

Raymund