Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Price/Unit for resources in Primavera P6

5 replies [Last post]
Mark Dunn
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have one plan and two P6 users accessing it.  The price/unit for resources changes when either of us are in it.  There must be a check box somewhere to stop this happening, probably in user preferaces.  When one of us use it the price per unit is £39, when the other uses it it is £26.72.  Can anyone help?

Replies

umair arshad
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

My understanding is that price/unit is aloted to resources in the database, not the project. Each time you alot a different price/unit to resource and recalculate the project, it will automaticaly change the price/unit of resource aloted to each project. So be careful by changing the price/unit of any resource.

It is possible that both of you have selected different resources. Try to delete that resource and again add it with same price/unit.

Mark Dunn

Karl,

That's it.  I new it would be something simple!

Thanks, Mark

Karl-Heinz Knoche
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mark,

recently I had a similar problem. Check "Edit" -> "User Preferences" -> "Currency" and make sure you both use the same one. On my system someone installed two times Euro (Euro and EUR).

Hope this helps!

Karl

Mark Dunn

Thanks Dave.  Sorry for not getting back sooner, been away.  I understand the project has the default price, but when we are in it we see differnt prices depending on the user.  We both see 'Price/Unit' and 'resource' in the rate type and rate source fields.  When my colleage is in the project a resource rate is £68, when I am in it it is £46.59.

Mark

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline

It is the project, not the user that has the default price...

What do the two users see when allocating a resource assignment if you add the fields "Rate Type" and "Rate Source" to the resource assignments tab in activity details?