Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

is there anything wrong with p6 v7

3 replies [Last post]
Rola Sabbah
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi every body
I’m using p6 v7, and its doing some weird things, when i change the relationship and then schedule the activity stays with the first date and there is no constraints.
I even deleted the preedecc. of an activity and pressed F9 the start datet was not the data date, it was the date before deleting the predec.
Any ideas????????????

Replies

Gene Beam
User offline. Last seen 14 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I came across this a few months ago and I found that when you copy and past some activities they bring across dates in the fields called External Early Start and External Early Finish. I think this was because I was copying completed activities. Just clear any dates if the External Early Start and External Early Finish.

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
I’m sure you’ve checked this, but has the activity got an actual start date?
niles luo
User offline. Last seen 13 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi,
pls check that this activity does not have relationship from other project.
Best Regards,