Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PRIMARY RESOURCES

4 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Dera All,
can any body tell me where exactly the primary resources play importsnt role.
is it during the levelling/scheduling.
since while assigning hte resorces by default the primary resources is getting selected.
so on what basis should i change it.

please guide me guys...

Replies

Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks, i was looking for the button to connect steps with progress for quit a long time now
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hannes,
If activity steps are assigned to activity, you can control Physical progress using activity steps. By default it is weighted proportionally by the number of steps but you can defined it’s weighting to have accurate production steps progress. You can activate the control by setting Project Window-> Calculation tab-> under Activities-> tick or mark Activity Percent Complete based on activity Steps. When this settings is selected all Physical % Progress is controlled by activity steps if activity steps is assigned to activities. If no activity step assigned then Physical % Complete still need to update manually.
Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Rodel
can you please explain the seccond part of your answer. I would like to know how you get your activity step completion to your physical completion

Thanks Hannes
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Kumar,
An activity’s primary resource is typically the resource who is responsible for coordinating an activity’s work. The primary resource updates the activity’s start date, finish date, and expected end date. In addition, if an activity has any material resources, the primary resource may be responsible for reporting the material resource’s hours/units. If you don’t want resource to control your activities untick Primary resource box.

Primary resources are also responsible for editing the physical percent complete when weighted steps are linked to activity percent complete for the corresponding activities in a selected project.