Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Show number of resoures in activity column

6 replies [Last post]
Vaughn Edwards
User offline. Last seen 10 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
I have looked everywhere to create a column in P6 to show the number of resources assigned to an activity. I know P3 used units of time to show this, but can’t find what to use in P6. Can this be done???

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline
Vaughn,
Sorry for misunderstanding as you mentioned columns and not label. If label you wanted as per Roger advise use UDF and populate using Global Change then assigned to a bar. You can always run Global Change to update if resources change.

Hope this help.
Vaughn Edwards
I understand how to get Budgeted Unit/Time to appear in the Activity and Resource windows, what I’m looking to do is see a column in the Gantt view of the number of resources assigned to that activity.
Rodel Marasigan
Vaughn,
If using Resource Window, right click and select columns-> Customize.
Under General you can select Budget Unit/Time and Remaining Unit/Time.

If using Activity Window select Resources tab. Right click on Resources table and select Customize Resource Columns. Under General select Budget Unit/Time and Remaining Unit/Time.
Roger Booth
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I use one of the user defined fields and then attach that UDF to the bar. Gives you a display very similar to dare I say Microsoft Project
Vaughn Edwards
Thanks for your reply. I have found the number of resources under the resource and activity windows, but the budgeted Unit/Time isn’t available to choose to inset a column. Thats my problem.
Rodel Marasigan
Vaugh,
It is now on Resource Window (P3 don’t have before) and called Budgeted Unit/Time for Budget units and Remaining Unit/Time for Remaining Unit. It is also available on Activity Window Detail-> Resource tab.