Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Reinstallation Problems

13 replies [Last post]
Anthony Irineo
User offline. Last seen 12 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello everyone !

I am having problems reinstalling P6 in a Vista OS as it keeps asking for database configuration username and password.

However, during the initial installation I just used the default settings for database configuration and it was fine.

Then the system got corrupted so I decided to uninstall and reinstall and now this database configuration comes up.

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 21 min ago. Offline
Knowing your status shall provide other P6 users with some clues as to better help you. P6 is easy to use software as per vendor literature. Stand-alone installation shall be easy.

If you are having problem with P6 stand-alone installation please select the answer that best describe your status:
a-I am a hacker and my P6 copy is illegal, because of this I do not have support of P6. This is my first trial to install P6 but cannot get it done.
b-I am a hacker and my P6 copy is illegal, because of this I do not have support of P6. I could install previously P6 by trial and error and do not recall what I did, got Alzheimer’s.
c-I am a Bona-fide user of P6 but never had to install the software myself and no longer under P6 support because it is so expensive I cannot pay for it.
d-I am a Bona-fide user of P6 but never had to install the software myself and no longer under P6 support because it was so bad I no longer want P6 support.
e-I am a Bona-fide user incapable to understand how to install P6, got low IQ.
f-All of the above.

If you answered A, B or F please tell us how you got your illegal P6 copy:
a-I stole it from my workplace.
b-I got it from a web search for P6 rar (rapid-share) files.
c-I got it from a web search for P6 torrent files.
d-I got it from OEM / Cheap Software vendor.
e-I got it from a file sharing site other than rapid-share and mega-upload.
f-Santa left an illegal copy under my X-mass tree
g-Other, please let us know.
Vijay Jamdar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Anthony,

Please forward the guide at vijayjamdar@yahoo.com.

I am also having same problem with P6 installatin that is asking me to configure the DB and privuser and pubuser are not working!

Thanks in advance
Vijay Jamdar
Tony Hughes
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
thanks
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Tony,
Try this and it may help.
Start-> Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Services
and look for SQL Server (Primavera) and check if status is started. If not double click and click start then run database configuration again.
Tony Hughes
Rodel,

its a stand alone machine

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Tony,
Are you using standalone or server (network) database?
All you need is run database configuration. If network database, the server maybe down. If standalone the SQL or Oracle server might not yet started or need to reconfigure database.
Tony Hughes
Having serious problems with P6 V7. Software was working fine yesterday when i entered my password this morning it didnt load up and took me to the database configuration page . After using the default passwords used in the original installation i am still getting an error message

"Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
;"

Is it a case of uninstalling the software and reinstalling.

joseph ador
User offline. Last seen 14 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Anthony,

Please give me copy as well @ josh_ador@yahoo.com..im planning to have a stand alone in my laptop.

Thanks,
Josh
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Anthony,

Please forward the guide at engbasile@yahoo.com.
I am having a problem with P6 installatin that is asking me to configure the DB and privuser and pubuser are not working!

Thanks in advance
Salman Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 14 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Anthony,

Please forward the guide at go4_ahmed@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance
Anthony Irineo
User offline. Last seen 12 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Arnold for your reply.

I found a detailed solution from Primavera knowledgebase when it was still accessible. Good thing I was able to locate the file..

Johnny you can email me so I can send you the PDF files for complete uninstallation and stand alone reinstallation procedures.
Johnny Pain
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi everyone

I’m having the same problem, and the only solution I found until now is to reinstall the OS.

you said something about the registry, are the only entries to delete are about SQL Server ? or P6 as well ?

thanks !
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Anthony,

Prior to re-install P6 make sure that all the registry data has been manually remove from the Registry Editor at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

As well as the other folders which ca be found in drive C:\Program Files\MSSQL & C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server.

You need to delete all these folders and try to install again. Otherwise, if you are trying to install P6 v7 standalone I would suggest to install Oracle XE database.

Regards,

Arnold