Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S-Curve for total manpower

6 replies [Last post]
Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I organizedz my human resources in groups. Can somebody tell me how to make a s-curve for the total group or for the total manpower instead of a single resource?

Thanks Hannes

Replies

Hannes de Bruyne
Hi mktse

first about the wording:

for me a cumulative curve shows the budgeted quantity for a resource cumulativ added for each project month, my Total manpower curve shows the budgeted quantity for all manpower resources together.

This total mancurve is required by my client to know how many people are on site

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Hannes,

May I know the pupose of the curve. Is it same as cumulative manpower histogram. Thanks in advance
Hannes de Bruyne
I just found an other solution:

if manpower is grouped as role instead of resource, summary levels also can be shown
Hannes de Bruyne
Thank you for your answers,

the solution with stacked resources was the one I was looking for.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hallo Hannes

I assume you get the s-curve from the Tracking View. If you’ll select a group’s head, the s-curve - e.g. estimate at completion - is built for the group. In the Activity View you’ll have to select all required resources - and estimate at completion is not possible.

Regards from Rheingau (Germany)

Dieter
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Hannes,

You can try the Stacked Histogram. Go to View --> Show on Bottom --> Resource Usage Profile, select all the Resources related to Manpower by pressing CRTL on your keyboard, or right click on the resource usage histogram located at the right bottom of your screen. Then select Stacked Histogram.

Note: All resources can be grouped only if the resource type is Labor and Nonlabor.

Regards,

Arnold