Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMSDK (I cann’t connect to it) can anyone help....

12 replies [Last post]
Jose Ramirez
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I cann’t connect to it: (either with MS Access, Excel).

090911:18:40:20.793 - Logon failed: PRM DBAccess Error: Connection attempt to database failed with message Database Server Error: Login failed for user ’pubuser’.
090911:18:40:20.793 - ERROR => VDB.Connect; hResult=0x80040003 (PMSDK_E_INTERNALERR: internal driver error); EOleSysError=Invalid return value from CreateAppVDB

here is the other error from the MS Excel: Dictionary6x worksheet

"Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=pubuser;pu=pubuser;.
Error returned from engine: VDB.Connect; hResult=0x80040003 (PMSDK_E_INTERNALERR: internal driver error); EOleSysError=Invalid return value from CreateAppVDB
Error number: 0x80040003"

i have followed the steps listed on the p6 admin guide and the SDK DOCs but noting works

Replies

Vidhya Sagar G R
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Everyone,

I am using P6v8.2 and am having issues with SDK.

On the SDK excel files I get the error

Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=pubuser;pu=pubuser;.

Error returned from engine: VDB.Connect; hResult=0x80040003 (PMSDK_E_INTERNALERR: internal driver error); EOleSysError=Invalid return value from CreateAppVDB

Error number: 0x80040003

Can antone tell were i can find the PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.2.1.1507

Jeevan Kumar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

HI EVRYONE...PLEASE HELP ME

Team I need a solution, below is my problem
I recently installed primavera sdk and was using this to access database table. I had done all set up and it is coonection is established.
My problem is that I am not able to see table in SCHEMA for those related to my project. All I see is OAUSER tables, which when connected give me information "nothing"
Please help me to solve this. I searched in lot of forums. I found that one needs to update the project level =7, but where in excel or even in access (query) I will use this codes...
A step wise execution will be helpful as I have not yet mastered..

Jeevan Kumar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

HI EVRYONE...PLEASE HELP ME

Team I need a solution, below is my problem
I recently installed primavera sdk and was using this to access database table. I had done all set up and it is coonection is established.
My problem is that I am not able to see table in SCHEMA for those related to my project. All I see is OAUSER tables, which when connected give me information "nothing"
Please help me to solve this. I searched in lot of forums. I found that one needs to update the project level =7, but where in excel or even in access (query) I will use this codes...
A step wise execution will be helpful as I have not yet mastered..

Vidhya Sagar G R
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Is this SDK is avialable for the primavera v8.2?

Robin Clare-Talbot
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

I am having similar problems.

I think the issue is connecting to the Oracle Database, where the SDK I think prefers a SQL database to work.

I have never had issues before using stand alone and a SQL database, but now that we are using Oracle, I cannot get the SDK to work.

On the SDK excel files I get the error

Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=pubuser;pu=pubuser;.

Error number: 0x80040003

Any thoughts???

Jose Ramirez
PROBLEM SOLVED N ISH FINALLY WORKS:

PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.0.0.1473 (old version and will not work with the new PMSDK DICTIONARY 6X) AND

AND YOU WILL GET ALL THIS ERROR CODES:

Problem: Error: “row 0, ct was open” when logging into SDK

Problem: Unable to log into SDK. Receive error “row 0, ct was open, object is closed”.

Problem: Cannot log into SDK get error “row 0, ct was open”.

THE FIX IS THE NEW VERSION OF PMSDK: PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.2.1.1507 (THIS WILL CORRECT ALL THE ISSUES OF CONNECTIVITY)....

WELL, AM GLAD I COULD FIX MY OWN ISSUES....I ROCK MY WORLD....

SO WHEN YOU UPGRADE FROM 6.0.0.1 YOU NEED TO ADD THE SDK KIT ON THE UPGRADE PROCESS...OR WILL HAVE ALL THE SAME ISSUES I HAD TODAY...STUPID ME
Jose Ramirez
Okay i finally figured this out:

stupid me: i was using the PrimaveraSDK DB but it needs to be

the >>>>>>Database Name: pmdb$primavera (If i had paid attn. to what Arnold Had said, i would have finish with this 4 hrs ago.

Okay PMSDK is working now well some what:

i am getting the following Errors:

Am Using the Latest: Dictionary.xls - Error Report
Row 0: ct was open.
Row 0: ation is not allowed when the object is closed.

What do they mean by "CT"
and
Action is not allowed when Object is closed? What object?
Jose Ramirez
I don’t understand why i am getting the following code when: I am trying to create the alias (On SYSTEM DSN CREATE DB ALIAS) for the DB:

I have NO problems logging on to this DB from Primavera P6.2.1 (I created this DB just to work with SDK). When i Created this DB with dbsetup.bat it stated that the Database Conf. and Connection was Successful.

But NOW ON:

System DSN: when I try to conf. the PrimaveraSDK DB and the PMSDK (DB ALIAS).

I Get the Following Error:

Bad private user name or password. Check the public group ID. Database Server Error: Login failed for user ’privuser’.

So why Do i get this Error: What to do? Is there anyone out there with any such exp. and a solution for it?

Please Please Please Help.....
Jose Ramirez
Hey Arnold,

I went to the point prim website and i couldn’t find any of those prim ids you gave me.

do you know what the fixes are for each?

if you do please let me know?

i would be very thankful if you can provided the help.

jose
Jose Ramirez
@ Arnold Puy: thank you for the info. on the Solution ID:

Now i need to go n see what do they mean. Oh i wish i had access to POINT ... . Trying to correct issues with Primavera without it is like finding gold or a job. lol

Jose Ramirez
Maybe that was my problem because i first created the PrimaveraSDK DB with the dbsetup.bat and re-sync it in SQL
and when i open the DSN tab. It already had all the Primavera SDK database info. with the correct alias PMSDK (and all the info was correct). So that why i didn’t re-create the PMSDK alias.

PMSDK

This is what i don’t undertand=

PMSDK

This screen locks like the old P5 Ver. i am not sured but i added the following iN P6.2.1

Security Profile >>> View All Global/Project Data Via SDK

I added all the Security Privileges to that Security Profile but no luck.

How Do Set Up the PMSDK access to level 7 and stuff like that.

UPDATE PROJECT SET scope_level = 7 WHERE proj_id IN (151, 209, 3005)

Are this set via VB?
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jose,

Try to reconfigure the database alias for the SDK.

1. In the control panel, choose Data Sources (ODBC).
2. On the system DSN tab, highlight PrimaveraSDK and click configure.
3. Click the "Create Database Alias" button.
4. Choose yes to create the database alias PMSDK.
5. Choose the appropriate driver type for your database:
5.1 Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Express
5.2 Host Name: Machine Name\primavera
5.3 Database Name: pmdb$primavera
Then next and next..
6. Click finish to complete the configuration.

Please refer also to Solution ID:

1. prim64752
2. prim7227 (Error: "Resource not available - Connect error" when using the SDK).
3. prim80721

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Arnold