Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cut-Off’s in P6

3 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Good morning/afternoon al,

Once again, any help that anyone could would be very much appreciated. How do I ’create’ or ’set’ a cut off (by date) in P6?

Many thanks

Jon

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Jonathan,

After applying actual dates and status, you need to have P6 re-compute the CPM using the ‘cut-off’ date as a status date. In ‘P6 speak’, this means that you want to re-calc [push the F9 button or select “Tools / Schedule”] and set the data date to the fist day that new work can begin. Then press the schedule button. There are a huge number of options (this is where P6 shines.) The Help button on the schedule window will be a big help to you. Good luck!
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
have you tried "store period performance"? and what does your baseline shows?
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
further to my original question below,, in P6 are the ’Timesheet Date Adminsitration’ options the same as ’cut-off’ dates that can be allocated in P3?

I’m after a method of freezing the data to the left of the datadate line (obvuiously once this has been processes and finalized)

many thanks