Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Open Schedule File Made by P6.1 With P6

6 replies [Last post]
Abeer Mahmoud
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Please advise, can I open schedule file made by P6.1 with P6?

If the answer is I can’t please tell me how I open it.

Regards,
Abeer

Replies

Abeer Mahmoud
Dear Dieter thank you very much for your quick response and fast action you solved a big problem I appreciate your help very much sorry for delay I was in vacation last month I worked on laptop and I can’t access to planning site.
Thanks again
Abeer
richu rose
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ronald & Dieter,

Thank you very much.
I was struggling to open a P6 6.2.1 xer file in 6.0. Based on the information provided by you guys, i was able to open the file.

Regards,
Richu
Abeer Mahmoud

Thanks Ronald you can’t imagine the happiness you cased to me I appreciate your help very much I was in vacation last month I worked on laptop and I can’t access to planning site to thank you for your great help.

Thanks again
Abeer
Ronald Romero
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Abeer,

Open your file with a text editor like notepad and change the version from 6.1.0 to 6.0.0

Cheers,

Ronnie
Ronald Romero
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Abeer,

Open your file with a text editor like notepad and change the version from 6.1.0 to ERMHDR 6.0.0

Cheers,

Ronnie
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Abeer

XER is a text file. Open a copy with editor or notepad. In the first line is "6.1.0" modify into "6.0.0".

Should work.

Regards
Dieter